“The history of what we eat is indisputably the history of how we live and who we are.”
Nigella Lawson (Kitchen, 2010)
MonsieurWag is about sharing my recipes with a few little stories along the way. I am not a commercial cook and I am certainly not a chef – but I am a home cook with a passion for good, simple food.
My food philosophy is simple.
- Life is too short to eat bad food – so don’t
- Always use fresh produce
- Always choice the best quality
- Read widely – cookbooks and food magazines
- Never be afraid to try something
- A mistake is always a lesson – unless you ignore it
- Be open to criticism
- When you’re out eating – smell, feel, and take time to really taste the food
- Explore good quality markets and produce stores
- Surround yourself with good quality equipment and tool
All photography featured on this website is by Adam Dowell with all rights reserved (2010-).
All recipes are tested and are the actual dishes photographed on this site. (2010-).