Welcome to Monsieur Wag.
“The history of what we eat is indisputably the history of how we live and who we are.” Nigella Lawson (Kitchen, 2010)
MonsieurWag is about sharing my recipes with a few little stories along the way. I am not a commercial cook and I am certainly not a chef – but I am a home cook with a passion for good, simple food.
My food principles are simple.
- Life is too short to eat bad food – so don’t
- Always use fresh produce
- Always choice the best quality
- Read widely – cookbooks and food magazines
- Never be afraid to try something
- A mistake is always a lesson – unless you ignore it
- Be open to criticism
- When you’re out eating – smell, feel, and take time to really taste the food
- Explore good quality markets and produce stores
- Surround yourself with good quality equipment and tools
All photography featured on this website is by Adam Dowell with all rights reserved (2010-).
All recipes are tested and are the actual dishes photographed on this site. (2010-).